Infection of the Vagina Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of vaginitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having vaginitis again?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Continue to Infection of the Vagina Specialist
- Owen MK, Clenney TL. Management of vaginitis. Am Fam Physician. 2004 Dec 1;70(11):2125-32. 
- Spence D. Candidiasis (vulvovaginal). Clin Evid. 2004 Dec;(12):2493-511. 
- Syed TS, Braverman PK. Vaginitis in adolescents. Adolesc Med Clin. 2004 Jun;15(2):235-51.