Infection of the Tip of the Penis Home Care
Home care for balanitis includes:
- Clean the penis with warm, soapy water several times a day.
- Anti-bacterial ointment:
- Apply it to the penis several times a day.
- Bacitracin can be obtained at most pharmacies without a prescription
- Do not use Neosporin, may cause allergic skin rash.
- Take prescribed medications as directed.
- Avoid intercourse until symptoms are gone.
Infection of the Tip of the Penis Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have balanitis and any of the following:
Continue to Infection of the Tip of the Penis Prevention
- Abdennader S, Casin I, Janier M, Morel P. Balanitis and balanoposthitis: a review. Genitourin Med. 1996 Dec;72(6):453-4. 
- Bunker CB. Topics in penile dermatology. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2001 Sep;26(6):469-79. 
- Harrison BP. Pediatric penile swelling. Acad Emerg Med. 1996 Apr;3(4):384, 87, 88. 
- Leverkus M, Mayer J, Brocker EB, Hamm H. Isolated streptococcal balanoposthitis in an adult patient. Dermatology. 2002;204(2):153-4.