Infected Uterus Incidence
Facts about endometritis:
- Endometritis occurs in about 20 percent of women who undergo a Cesarean section.
- Endometritis occurs in about 2 percent of women who undergo vaginal delivery.
Continue to Infected Uterus Risk Factors
- French LM, Smaill FM. Antibiotic regimens for endometritis after delivery. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004 Oct 18;(4):CD001067. 
- Hopkins L, Smaill F. Antibiotic regimens for management of intraamniotic infection. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(3):CD003254. 
- Lichtenberg ES, Henning C. Conservative management of clostridial endometritis. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004 Jul;191(1):266-70.