Infected Urine in Children Prevention
Prevention of urinary tract infections in children includes:
- Change soiled diapers promptly.
- Clean the genitals and anus by wiping from front to back.
- Circumcision decreases the risk of urinary tract infections in males.
- Provide plenty of fluids.
- Girls should always wipe from front to back.
- Girls should avoid prolonged periods in wet bathing suits.
- Wash the genital area when bathing.
- Wear cotton underwear.
Continue to Infected Urine in Children Outlook
- Hellerstein S. Antibiotic treatment for urinary tract infections in pediatric patients. Minerva Pediatr. 2003 Oct;55(5):395-406. 
- Ma JF, Shortliffe LM. Urinary tract infection in children: etiology and epidemiology. Urol Clin North Am. 2004 Aug;31(3):517-26, ix-x. 
- van der Voort J, Edwards A, Roberts R, Verrier Jones K. The struggle to diagnose UTI in children under two in primary care. Fam Pract. 1997 Feb;14(1):44-8.