Infected Sinuses Prevention
Prevention of sinusitis includes:
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Avoid dry environments:
- Breathing dry air dries out the nasal passages.
- Keep humidity in the home between 50 and 60%.
- Install allergy filters in the heating and cooling system:
- Change them once per month.
- Avoid contact with people who have nasal congestion or sinusitis.
- Do not share nose droppers or nasal spray with others.
- Clean heating and cooling ducts in the house.
- Place a vaporizer or nebulizer in the bedroom at night.
- Wash your hands frequently to avoid infections.
Continue to Infected Sinuses Outlook
- Brook I. Microbiology and antimicrobial management of sinusitis. J Laryngol Otol. 2005 Apr;119(4):251-8. 
- Klossek JM, Federspil P. Update on treatment guidelines for acute bacterial sinusitis. Int J Clin Pract. 2005 Feb;59(2):230-8. 
- Mortimore S, Wormald PJ. Management of acute complicated sinusitis: a 5-year review. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1999 Nov;121(5):639-42. 
- Oxford LE, McClay J. Complications of acute sinusitis in children. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005 Jul;133(1):32-7.