Infected Foreskin Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of balanitis.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for penile infections?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
Continue to Infected Foreskin Specialist
- Abdennader S, Casin I, Janier M, Morel P. Balanitis and balanoposthitis: a review. Genitourin Med. 1996 Dec;72(6):453-4. 
- Bunker CB. Topics in penile dermatology. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2001 Sep;26(6):469-79. 
- Harrison BP. Pediatric penile swelling. Acad Emerg Med. 1996 Apr;3(4):384, 87, 88. 
- Leverkus M, Mayer J, Brocker EB, Hamm H. Isolated streptococcal balanoposthitis in an adult patient. Dermatology. 2002;204(2):153-4.