Infected Eardrum Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of otitis media.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for otitis media?
- Will I need to see my doctor for a checkup?
Continue to Infected Eardrum Specialist
- Aronovitz GH. Antimicrobial therapy of acute otitis media: review of treatment recommendations. Clin Ther. 2000 Jan;22(1):29-39. 
- Asher E, Leibovitz E, Press J, Greenberg D, Bilenko N, Reuveni H. Accuracy of acute otitis media diagnosis in community and hospital settings. Acta Paediatr. 2005 Apr;94(4):423-8. 
- Butler CC, van der Linden MK, MacMillan HL, van der Wouden JC. Should children be screened to undergo early treatment for otitis media with effusion? A systematic review of randomized trials. Child Care Health Dev. 2003 Nov;29(6):425-32. 
- Pappas DE, Owen Hendley J. Otitis media. A scholarly review of the evidence. Minerva Pediatr. 2003 Oct;55(5):407-14.