Infantile Colic Evaluation
The evaluation of infantile colic starts with a history and physical examination.
The physical exam is normal in infants with colic.
Tests are not helpful for making the diagnosis of infantile colic. However, tests may be necessary to investigate whether another condition is responsible for the symptoms of colic.
Infantile Colic Similar Conditions
Conditions that cause symptoms similar to infantile colic include:
Continue to Infantile Colic Treatment
- Hyman PE, Milla PJ, Benninga MA, Davidson GP, Fleisher DF, Taminiau J. Childhood functional gastrointestinal disorders: neonate/toddler. Gastroenterology. 2006 Apr;130(5):1519-26. 
- Keefe MR, Lobo ML, Froese-Fretz A, Kotzer AM, Barbosa GA, Dudley WN. Effectiveness of an intervention for colic. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2006 Mar;45(2):123-33. 
- Leung AK, Lemay JF. Infantile colic: a review. J R Soc Health. 2004 Jul;124(4):162-6. 
- Lucassen PL, Assendelft WJ, Gubbels JW, van Eijk JT, van Geldrop WJ, Neven AK. Effectiveness of treatments for infantile colic: systematic review. BMJ. 1998 May 23;316(7144):1563-9. 
- Lucassen PL, Assendelft WJ, van Eijk JT, Gubbels JW, Douwes AC, van Geldrop WJ. Systematic review of the occurrence of infantile colic in the community. Arch Dis Child. 2001 May;84(5):398-403.