Infant Botulism Outlook
What to expect with botulism:
- The mortality rate for food-borne and wound botulism is about 25%.
- The mortality from infant botulism is less than 1%.
- Botulism requires an extended period of time for full recovery.
Continue to Infant Botulism Complications
- Cherington M. Botulism: update and review. Semin Neurol. 2004 Jun;24(2):155-63. 
- Hatheway CL: Botulism: the present status of the disease. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 1995; 195: 55-75. 
- Robinson RF, Nahata MC. Management of botulism. Ann Pharmacother. 2003 Jan;37(1):127-31. 
- Shapiro RL, Hatheway C, Swerdlow DL: Botulism in the United States: a clinical and epidemiologic review. Ann Intern Med 1998 Aug 1; 129(3): 221-8.