Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Warning Signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Types
Infant Autism Underlying Cause
Facts about autism:
- The cause for autism is unknown.
- There is no evidence that autism is caused by childhood vaccinations.
- Recent studies show a rare genetic variation on chromosome 16 may increase the risk for autism.
Continue to Infant Autism Types
PubMed Infant Autism References
- Baron-Cohen S. Autism: research into causes and intervention. Pediatr Rehabil. 2004 Apr-Jun;7(2):73-8. 
- Jordan R. Managing autism and Asperger's syndrome in current educational provision. Pediatr Rehabil. 2005 Apr-Jun;8(2):104-12. 
- Klein KC, Diehl EB. Relationship between MMR vaccine and autism. Ann Pharmacother. 2004 Jul-Aug;38(7-8):1297-300. 
- Ozonoff S, Goodlin-Jones BL, Solomon M. Evidence-based assessment of autism spectrum disorders in children and adolescents. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2005 Sep;34(3):541-7.