Infant Autism Outlook
What to expect with autism:
- In general, children with the poorest communication skills do not improve.
- It is difficult to predict which children will improve.
- Some children with autism grow up to be independently functioning adults.
Continue to Infant Autism Complications
- Baron-Cohen S. Autism: research into causes and intervention. Pediatr Rehabil. 2004 Apr-Jun;7(2):73-8. 
- Jordan R. Managing autism and Asperger's syndrome in current educational provision. Pediatr Rehabil. 2005 Apr-Jun;8(2):104-12. 
- Klein KC, Diehl EB. Relationship between MMR vaccine and autism. Ann Pharmacother. 2004 Jul-Aug;38(7-8):1297-300. 
- Ozonoff S, Goodlin-Jones BL, Solomon M. Evidence-based assessment of autism spectrum disorders in children and adolescents. J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2005 Sep;34(3):541-7.