Increased Fluid Around the Brain Outlook
What to expect with hydrocephalus:
- The outlook depends on the cause for the hydrocephalus.
- About 75 percent of those with hydrocephalus require a ventriculoperitoneal shunt.
Continue to Increased Fluid Around the Brain Complications
- Bret P, Chazal J. Chronic (normal pressure) hydrocephalus in childhood and adolescence. A review of 16 cases and reappraisal of the syndrome. Childs Nerv Syst. 1995 Dec;11(12):687-91. 
- Cowan JA, McGirt MJ, Woodworth G, Rigamonti D, Williams MA. The syndrome of hydrocephalus in young and middle-aged adults (SHYMA). Neurol Res. 2005 Jul;27(5):540-7. 
- Hebb AO, Cusimano MD. Idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus: a systematic review of diagnosis and outcome. Neurosurgery. 2001 Nov;49(5):1166-84. 
- Marmarou A, Young HF, Aygok GA, Sawauchi S, Tsuji O, Yamamoto T, Dunbar J. Diagnosis and management of idiopathic normal-pressure hydrocephalus: a prospective study in 151 patients. J Neurosurg. 2005 Jun;102(6):987-97. 
- Measuring the health status of children with hydrocephalus by using a new outcome measure. J Neurosurg. 2004 Nov;101(2 Suppl):141-6.