Incontinence Urge Prevention
Prevention of urgency incontinence includes:
- Avoid nonprescription cold medicines.
- Avoid nonprescription nasal decongestant medicines.
- Avoid antihistamines:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Kegel exercises:
- Start regular exercises at 40 years of age if you are female.
- Lose weight if you are overweight.
- Women should wipe from front to back:
- This lowers the risk of urinary infections.
Continue to Incontinence Urge Outlook
- Nuotio M, Jylha M, Luukkaala T, Tammela TL. Urgency, urge incontinence and voiding symptoms in men and women aged 70 years and over. BJU Int. 2002 Mar;89(4):350-5. 
- Siegel SW, Catanzaro F, Dijkema HE, Elhilali MM, Fowler CJ, Gajewski JB, Hassouna MM, Janknegt RA, Jonas U, van Kerrebroeck PE, Lycklama a Nijeholt AA, Oleson KA, Schmidt RA. Long-term results of a multicenter study on sacral nerve stimulation for treatment of urinary urge incontinence, urgency-frequency, and retention. Urology. 2000 Dec 4;56(6 Suppl 1):87-91. 
- Zinner N, Harnett M, Sabounjian L, Sandage B Jr, Dmochowski R, Staskin D. The overactive bladder-symptom composite score: a composite symptom score of toilet voids, urgency severity and urge urinary incontinence in patients with overactive bladder. J Urol. 2005 May;173(5):1639-43.