Impacted Stool Outlook
What to expect with fecal impaction:
- Most fecal impactions respond well to treatment.
- Reoccurrence is common without ongoing treatment.
Continue to Impacted Stool Underlying Cause
- Cooper ZR, Rose S. Fecal incontinence: a clinical approach. Mt Sinai J Med. 2000 Mar;67(2):96-105. 
- Creason N, Sparks D. Fecal impaction: a review. Nurs Diagn. 2000 Jan-Mar;11(1):15-23. 
- Gold DM, Levine J, Weinstein TA, Kessler BH, Pettei MJ. Frequency of digital rectal examination in children with chronic constipation. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1999 Apr;153(4):377-9.