Ileostomy Problems Treatment
The treatment of an ostomy problem depends on the type and severity of the complication.
Treatment of intestinal ostomy problems may include:
Treatment of skin and stoma problems includes:
- Wound care for stomas
- Antibiotics for stoma infections
- Stoma surgery
- To repair a damaged stoma
Ileostomy Problems Specialists
Physicians from the following specialties evaluate and treat ostomy problems:
Continue to Ileostomy Problems Home Care
- Carey TS, Hanson L, Garrett JM, Lewis C, Phifer N, Cox CE, Jackman A. Expectations and outcomes of gastric feeding tubes. Am J Med. 2006 Jun;119(6):527.e11-6. 
- Israelsson LA. Preventing and treating parastomal hernia. World J Surg. 2005 Aug;29(8):1086-9. 
- Tracey DL, Patterson GE. Care of the gastrostomy tube in the home. Home Healthc Nurse. 2006 Jun;24(6):381-6. 
- Yeo H, Abir F, Longo WE. Management of parastomal ulcers. World J Gastroenterol. 2006 May 28;12(20):3133-7.