Idiopathic Hypertrophic Subaortic Stenosis Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
- Abbas AE, Brewington SD, Dixon SR, Grines CL, O'Neill WW. Alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. J Interv Cardiol. 2005 Jun;18(3):155-62. 
- Frias PA. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia in young patients. Semin Pediatr Neurol. 2005 Mar;12(1):25-31. 
- Maron BJ. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: a systematic review. JAMA. 2002 Mar 13;287(10):1308-20. 
- Sherrid MV, Barac I, McKenna WJ, Elliott PM, Dickie S, Chojnowska L, Casey S, Maron BJ. Multicenter study of the efficacy and safety of disopyramide in obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005 Apr 19;45(8):1251-8.