Facts about hypopituitarism:
- About 4 out 100,000 are diagnosed with hypopituitarism in the US each year.
- The most common pituitary hormone deficiency is growth hormone deficiency.
- Those with hypopituitarism have an increased risk for heart disease.
Last Updated: Dec 16, 2010 References
Authors: Stephen J. Schueler, MD; John H. Beckett, MD; D. Scott Gettings, MD
Copyright DSHI Systems, Inc. Powered by: FreeMD - Your Virtual Doctor
PubMed Hypopituitarism References
- Dattani MT. Novel insights into the aetiology and pathogenesis of hypopituitarism. Horm Res. 2004;62 Suppl 3:1-13. 
- Smith JC. Hormone replacement therapy in hypopituitarism. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2004 May;5(5):1023-31.