Hypoglycemia Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of hypoglycemia.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Hypoglycemia Reactive Hypoglycemia
- Brun JF, Fedou C, Mercier J. Postprandial reactive hypoglycemia. Diabetes Metab. 2000 Nov;26(5):337-51. 
- Cox DJ, Gonder-Frederick LA, Kovatchev BP, Clarke WL. Self-treatment of hypoglycemia while driving. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2001 Oct;54(1):17-26. 
- Herbel G, Boyle PJ. Hypoglycemia. Pathophysiology and treatment. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2000 Dec;29(4):725-43. 
- Murata GH, Duckworth WC, Hoffman RM, Wendel CS, Mohler MJ, Shah JH. Hypoglycemia in type 2 diabetes: a critical review. Biomed Pharmacother. 2004 Dec;58(10):551-9.