Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care diet self monitoring taking control warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Hypertensive Heart Failure Questions For Doctor
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Hypertensive Heart Failure Specialist
PubMed Hypertensive Heart Failure References
- Slama M, Susic D, Varagic J, Frohlich ED. Diastolic dysfunction in hypertension. Curr Opin Cardiol. 2002 Jul;17(4):368-73. 
- Yamasaki N, Kitaoka H, Matsumura Y, Furuno T, Nishinaga M, Doi Y. Heart failure in the elderly. Intern Med. 2003 May;42(5):383-8.