Overview Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care diet self monitoring taking control warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Anatomy
Hypertensive Cardiomyopathy Prevention
- Aggressive control of high blood pressure
- Self monitoring daily
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid exposure to secondary smoke.
- Avoid alcohol, or drink alcohol in moderation:
- For men: no more than 2 alcoholic beverages per day
- For women: no more than 1 alcoholic beverage per day
- Avoid caffeine.
- Eat a healthy heart diet:
- Reduces stress.
- Follow an exercise plan developed with your doctor.
- Weight loss if you are overweight
Continue to Hypertensive Cardiomyopathy Outlook
PubMed Hypertensive Cardiomyopathy References
- Slama M, Susic D, Varagic J, Frohlich ED. Diastolic dysfunction in hypertension. Curr Opin Cardiol. 2002 Jul;17(4):368-73. 
- Yamasaki N, Kitaoka H, Matsumura Y, Furuno T, Nishinaga M, Doi Y. Heart failure in the elderly. Intern Med. 2003 May;42(5):383-8.