Hypersensitive Carotid Sinus Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of carotid sinus hypersensitivity.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Hypersensitive Carotid Sinus Home Care
- Brignole M. Randomized clinical trials of neurally mediated syncope. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2003 Sep;14(9 Suppl):S64-9. 
- Freitas J. Carotid sinus syndrome. Management and approach. Rev Port Cardiol. 2004 Jun;23(6):903-10. English, Portuguese. 
- Kenny RA, Richardson DA, Steen N, Bexton RS, Shaw FE, Bond J. Carotid sinus syndrome: a modifiable risk factor for nonaccidental falls in older adults (SAFE PACE). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001 Nov 1;38(5):1491-6. 
- Moore A, Watts M, Sheehy T, Hartnett A, Clinch D, Lyons D. Treatment of vasodepressor carotid sinus syndrome with midodrine: a randomized, controlled pilot study. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005 Jan;53(1):114-8.