Hypersensitive Carotid Sinus Incidence
Facts about carotid sinus hypersensitivity:
- Carotid sinus hypersensitivity is rare.
- Fewer than 1 out of 10 people who have fainting spells have this condition.
- Carotid sinus hypersensitivity is much more common in those who are over 60 years old.
- Males are affected more often than females.
Continue to Hypersensitive Carotid Sinus Risk Factors
- Brignole M. Randomized clinical trials of neurally mediated syncope. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2003 Sep;14(9 Suppl):S64-9. 
- Freitas J. Carotid sinus syndrome. Management and approach. Rev Port Cardiol. 2004 Jun;23(6):903-10. English, Portuguese. 
- Kenny RA, Richardson DA, Steen N, Bexton RS, Shaw FE, Bond J. Carotid sinus syndrome: a modifiable risk factor for nonaccidental falls in older adults (SAFE PACE). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001 Nov 1;38(5):1491-6. 
- Moore A, Watts M, Sheehy T, Hartnett A, Clinch D, Lyons D. Treatment of vasodepressor carotid sinus syndrome with midodrine: a randomized, controlled pilot study. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2005 Jan;53(1):114-8.