Hyperprolactinemia Home Care
Home care for hyperprolactinemia may include:
- Take prescribed medications as directed:
- Don't skip doses of your medication. This makes them less effective.
- Be aware of the common side effects that may be caused by your medication.
- Avoid stimulation of the nipples or skin on the breasts.
- Learn everything you can about hyperprolactinemia:
- The more you know about your condition, the easier it will be to participate with your doctor in making treatment decisions.
- Ask your doctor about good sources for information.
- Write down questions to ask your doctor.
Hyperprolactinemia Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have hyperpituitarism and any of the following:
Continue to Hyperprolactinemia Underlying Cause
- Serri O, Chik CL, Ur E, Ezzat S. Diagnosis and management of hyperprolactinemia. CMAJ. 2003 Sep 16;169(6):575-81. 
- Verhelst J, Abs R. Hyperprolactinemia: pathophysiology and management. Treat Endocrinol. 2003;2(1):23-32.