The evaluation of hyperprolactinemia starts with a history and physical examination.
Physical findings in someone with hyperprolactinemia include:
- Nipple discharge:
- Milky fluid drains from the nipple
Tests that may be used to evaluate hyperprolactinemia include:
- Serum prolactin level
- Thyroid profile
- Serum FSH level
- Serum LH level
- Serum growth hormone level
- Serum cortisol level
Imaging tests that may be used to evaluate hyperprolactinemia include:
- MRI scan of the brain and pituitary gland
Continue to Hyperprolactinemia Treatment
- Serri O, Chik CL, Ur E, Ezzat S. Diagnosis and management of hyperprolactinemia. CMAJ. 2003 Sep 16;169(6):575-81. 
- Verhelst J, Abs R. Hyperprolactinemia: pathophysiology and management. Treat Endocrinol. 2003;2(1):23-32.