Hyperaldosteronism Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of aldosteronism.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for having this problem again?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Hyperaldosteronism Specialist
- Capricchione A, Winer N, Sowers JR. Adrenocortical hypertension. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2004 Jun;6(3):224-9. 
- Kaplan NM. The current epidemic of primary aldosteronism: causes and consequences. J Hypertens. 2004 May;22(5):863-9. 
- Mulatero P, Dluhy RG, Giacchetti G, Boscaro M, Veglio F, Stewart PM. Diagnosis of primary aldosteronism: from screening to subtype differentiation. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2005 Apr;16(3):114-9. 
- Vaughan ED Jr. Diseases of the adrenal gland. Med Clin North Am. 2004 Mar;88(2):443-66.