Facts about aldosteronism:
- Aldosteronism is more common in women.
- Aldosteronism is most common in those between the ages of 30 and 60.
- Aldosteronism causes about 1% of the cases of high blood pressure.
Continue to Hyperaldosteronism Risk Factors
- Capricchione A, Winer N, Sowers JR. Adrenocortical hypertension. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2004 Jun;6(3):224-9. 
- Kaplan NM. The current epidemic of primary aldosteronism: causes and consequences. J Hypertens. 2004 May;22(5):863-9. 
- Mulatero P, Dluhy RG, Giacchetti G, Boscaro M, Veglio F, Stewart PM. Diagnosis of primary aldosteronism: from screening to subtype differentiation. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2005 Apr;16(3):114-9. 
- Vaughan ED Jr. Diseases of the adrenal gland. Med Clin North Am. 2004 Mar;88(2):443-66.