Hydrocephalus Normal Pressure Outlook
What to expect with normal pressure hydrocephalus:
- About 50 percent of people improve with treatment.
- Only about 20 percent of people show significant improvement with treatment.
Continue to Hydrocephalus Normal Pressure Complications
- Bret P, Chazal J. Chronic ("normal pressure") hydrocephalus in childhood and adolescence. A review of 16 cases and reappraisal of the syndrome. Childs Nerv Syst. 1995 Dec;11(12):687-91. 
- Hebb AO, Cusimano MD. Idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus: a systematic review of diagnosis and outcome. Neurosurgery. 2001 Nov;49(5):1166-84. 
- Marmarou A, Young HF, Aygok GA, Sawauchi S, Tsuji O, Yamamoto T, Dunbar J. Diagnosis and management of idiopathic normal-pressure hydrocephalus: a prospective study in 151 patients. J Neurosurg. 2005 Jun;102(6):987-97.