HTN Underlying Cause
In most cases, the underlying cause for hypertension cannot be identified.
Conditions that may cause hypertension include:
- Cushing's syndrome
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome
- Henoch-Schonlein purpura
- Kidney disease
- Periarteritis nodosa
- Renal artery stenosis
- Wilms tumor
Medications and drugs that may cause hypertension include:
Continue to HTN Types
- Aronow WS. Treatment of hypertension in the elderly. Geriatrics. 2008 Oct;63(10):21-5. Review. 
- Kearney PM, Whelton M, Reynolds K, Whelton PK, He J. Worldwide prevalence of hypertension: a systematic review. J Hypertens. 2004 Jan;22(1):11-9. 
- Then KL, Rankin JA. Hypertension: a review for clinicians. Nurs Clin North Am. 2004 Dec;39(4):793-814. 
- Toto RD. Hypertension and kidney literature review 2000. Clin Nephrol. 2002 Oct;58(4):253-9.