Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Transmission
Facts about spreading HPV infection:
- HPV infection is transmitted through sexual contact with someone who is infected with the virus.
- Rarely, HPV infection can be passed from mother to newborn.
PubMed HPV References
- Anhang R, Goodman A, Goldie SJ. HPV communication: review of existing research and recommendations for patient education. CA Cancer J Clin. 2004 Sep-Oct;54(5):248-59. 
- Damasus-Awatai G, Freeman-Wang T. Human papilloma virus and cervical screening. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2003 Dec;15(6):473-7. 
- Moscicki AB. Human papilloma virus, papanicolaou smears, and the college female. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2005 Feb;52(1):163-77, ix.