Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Transmission
Physical findings in women with HPV infection may include:
Tests that may be used to evaluate HPV infection in women includes:
- Pap smear
- HPV test
- A newer molecular test is done on the sample of cervical cells by an automated system that detects the genetic code of the HPV virus.
Tests that may be used to evaluate HPV infection in males may include:
- Weak acid is applied to the penis, which turns tiny areas of infected skin white
Additional tests that may be used to identify other sexually transmitted diseases include:
Continue to HPV Treatment
PubMed HPV References
- Anhang R, Goodman A, Goldie SJ. HPV communication: review of existing research and recommendations for patient education. CA Cancer J Clin. 2004 Sep-Oct;54(5):248-59. 
- Damasus-Awatai G, Freeman-Wang T. Human papilloma virus and cervical screening. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2003 Dec;15(6):473-7. 
- Moscicki AB. Human papilloma virus, papanicolaou smears, and the college female. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2005 Feb;52(1):163-77, ix.