Homocystinuria results in the accumulation of amino acid, methionine, in the urine.
- Dislocation of the lens of the eye
- Tendency to form blood clots in the arteries and veins
- Psychiatric problems
- Skeletal abnormalities
Newborns may have:
- Failure to thrive
- Mental retardation
- Chest and skeletal abnormalities
Continue to Homocystinuria Phenylketonuria
- Brodehl J, Bickel H. Aminoaciduria and hyperaminoaciduria in childhood. Clin Nephrol. 1973 May-Jun;1(3):149-68. 
- Buehler BA. Inherited disorders of amino acid transport in relation to the kidney. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 1981 May-Jun;11(3):274-8. 
- Ozand PT, Gascon GG. Organic acidurias: aPart 2. J Child Neurol. 1991 Oct;6(4):288-303.