Treatment of aminoaciduria depends on the underlying cause. Treatment focuses on reducing the intake of the amino acid, providing the body with a way to utilize the amino acid more effectively, or allowing the kidneys to clear the amino acid more effectively.
Treatment of aminoaciduria may include:
- Diet restrictions:
- Reduces the amount of a particular amino acid in the diet
- Increase liquids in the diet:
- Allows the kidney to clear excess amino acids more easily
- Medications that alkalinize the urine:
- Vitamin supplements:
- May help the body utilize amino acids more effectively
Continue to Homocystinuria Underlying Cause
- Brodehl J, Bickel H. Aminoaciduria and hyperaminoaciduria in childhood. Clin Nephrol. 1973 May-Jun;1(3):149-68. 
- Buehler BA. Inherited disorders of amino acid transport in relation to the kidney. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 1981 May-Jun;11(3):274-8. 
- Ozand PT, Gascon GG. Organic acidurias: aPart 2. J Child Neurol. 1991 Oct;6(4):288-303.