Hodgkin's Lymphoma Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of Hodgkin's disease.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- Are my children at risk for this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Hodgkin's Lymphoma Radiation Therapy
- Cartwright RA, Watkins G. Epidemiology of Hodgkin's disease: a review. Hematol Oncol. 2004 Mar;22(1):11-26. 
- Dieckmann K, Potter R, Wagner W, Prott FJ, Hornig-Franz I, Rath B, Schellong G. Up-front centralized data review and individualized treatment proposals in a multicenter pediatric Hodgkin's disease trial with 71 participating hospitals: the experience of the German-Austrian pediatric multicenter trial DAL-HD-90. Radiother Oncol. 2002 Feb;62(2):191-200. 
- McCunney RJ. Hodgkin's disease, work, and the environment. A review. J Occup Environ Med. 1999 Jan;41(1):36-46. 
- Provencio M, Espana P, Millan I, Yebra M, Sanchez AC, de la Torre A, Bonilla F, Regueiro CA, de Letona JM. Prognostic factors in Hodgkin's disease. Leuk Lymphoma. 2004 Jun;45(6):1133-9.