Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care cough in adults cough in children pain and fever adults pain and fever children warning signs Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Transmission
Facts about histoplasmosis:
- Histoplasma capsulatum spores are present in soil.
- The spores are inhaled during exposure to dust.
- Histoplasmosis does not spread from one person to another person.
PubMed Histoplasmosis References
- Cano MV, Hajjeh RA. The epidemiology of histoplasmosis: a review. Semin Respir Infect. 2001 Jun;16(2):109-18. 
- Wheat J. Histoplasmosis. Experience during outbreaks in Indianapolis and review of the literature. Medicine (Baltimore). 1997 Sep;76(5):339-54.