Hip Contusion Incidence
Facts about hip injury:
- Hip injuries are very common.
- About 500,000 elderly Americans suffer hip fractures each year.
- Most hip injuries are the result of falls.
- Hip fractures are a major cause of accidental death in men and women over the age of 85.
- Hip fractures are becoming more common in the US as the population ages and osteoporosis becomes more common.
Continue to Hip Contusion Risk Factors
- Dominguez S, Liu P, Roberts C, Mandell M, Richman PB. Prevalence of traumatic hip and pelvic fractures in patients with suspected hip fracture and negative initial standard radiographs--a study of emergency department patients. Acad Emerg Med. 2005 Apr;12(4):366-9. 
- Dubey A, Koval KJ, Zuckerman JD. Hip fracture epidemiology: a review. Am J Orthop. 1999 Sep;28(9):497-506.