Hereditary Spherocytosis Symptoms
Symptoms of spherocytosis are the same as the symptoms of hemolytic anemia.
Early symptoms of spherocytosis may include:
- Weakness or fatigue
- During normal daily activities
- Shortness of breath on exertion
- Pale skin
- Chronic headaches
- Faintness upon standing
Symptoms of worsening spherocytosis may include:
Continue to Hereditary Spherocytosis Evaluation
- Dhaliwal G, Cornett PA, Tierney LM Jr. Hemolytic anemia. Am Fam Physician. 2004 Jun 1;69(11):2599-606. 
- Perkins SL. Pediatric red cell disorders and pure red cell aplasia. Am J Clin Pathol. 2004 Dec;122 Suppl:S70-86. 
- Stoehr GA, Luecken J, Zielen S, Eber SW, Borrow R, Rose MA. Mode of splenectomy and immunogenicity of meningococcal vaccination in patients with hereditary spherocytosis. Br J Surg. 2008 Apr;95(4):466-71.