Hepatitis D Prevention
There is no specific vaccine for the prevention of hepatitis D. Because hepatitis D only occurs in those who have hepatitis B, the hepatitis B vaccine will prevent hepatitis D, as well as hepatitis B.
Prevention of hepatitis D includes:
- Hepatitis B prevention
- Wash hands after using the bathroom.
- Wash hands after changing diapers.
- Avoid body-piercing
- Avoid contact with blood
- Avoid multiple sex partners
- Avoid tattoos
- Do not abuse intravenous drugs
- Practice safe sex:
- Use condoms.
Continue to Hepatitis D Transmission
- Bean P. Latest discoveries on the infection and coinfection with hepatitis D virus. Am Clin Lab. 2002 Jun;21(5):25-7. 
- Malaguarnera M, Restuccia S, Pistone G, Ruello P, Giugno I, Trovato BA. A meta-analysis of interferon-alpha treatment of hepatitis D virus infection. Pharmacotherapy. 1996 Jul-Aug;16(4):609-14. 
- Niro GA, Rosina F, Rizzetto M. Treatment of hepatitis D. J Viral Hepat. 2005 Jan;12(1):2-9.