Hepatitis B Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of hepatitis B.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- Am I contagious?
- For how long?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- How do I avoid passing the infection to others?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for complications?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for liver disease?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Hepatitis B Specialist
- Murdoch DL, Goa K, Figgitt DP. Combined hepatitis A and B vaccines: a review of their immunogenicity and tolerability. Drugs. 2003;63(23):2625-49. 
- Oncu S, Oncu S, Sakarya S. Hepatitis A and B seropositivity among medical students. Health Policy. 2005 Sep 28;74(1):39-45. 
- Papatheodoridis GV, Hadziyannis SJ. Review article: current management of chronic hepatitis B. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2004 Jan 1;19(1):25-37. 
- Rich JD, Ching CG, Lally MA, Gaitanis MM, Schwartzapfel B, Charuvastra A, Beckwith CG, Flanigan TP. A review of the case for hepatitis B vaccination of high-risk adults. Am J Med. 2003 Mar;114(4):316-8. 
- Rischitelli G, Harris J, McCauley L, Gershon R, Guidotti T. The risk of acquiring hepatitis B or C among public safety workers: a systematic review. Am J Prev Med. 2001 May;20(4):299-306. 
- Robins GW, Scott LJ, Keating GM. Peginterferon-alpha-2a (40kD): a review of its use in the management of patients with chronic hepatitis B. Drugs. 2005;65(6):809-25.