Hemorrhagic Shock Outlook
What to expect with shock:
- The outlook depends on the underlying cause, age of the person, and health of the person.
- About 10 percent of young people die from shock.
- About 90 percent of elderly people die from shock.
- About 40 percent of those with shock due to sepsis die.
Continue to Hemorrhagic Shock Complications
- Atkinson PP, Atkinson JL. Spinal shock. Mayo Clin Proc. 1996 Apr;71(4):384-9. 
- Ditunno JF, Little JW, Tessler A, Burns AS. Spinal shock revisited: a four-phase model. Spinal Cord. 2004 Jul;42(7):383-95. 
- Krost WS. Cardiogenic shock. Emerg Med Serv. 2004 Sep;33(9):69-73, 78. 
- Magder S, Cernacek P. Role of endothelins in septic, cardiogenic, and hemorrhagic shock. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2003 Jun;81(6):635-43. 
- Wilson M, Davis DP, Coimbra R. Diagnosis and monitoring of hemorrhagic shock during the initial resuscitation of multiple trauma patients: a review. J Emerg Med. 2003 May;24(4):413-22.