Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome Incidence
Facts about hemolytic uremic syndrome:
- About 2 out of 100,000 children in the US develop hemolytic uremic syndrome each year.
- The syndrome is most common between June and September.
Continue to Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome Risk Factors
- Dlott JS, Danielson CF, Blue-Hnidy DE, McCarthy LJ. Drug-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura-hemolytic uremic syndrome: a concise review. Ther Apher Dial. 2004 Apr;8(2):102-11. 
- Melnyk AM, Solez K, Kjellstrand CM. Adult hemolytic-uremic syndrome. A review of 37 cases. Arch Intern Med. 1995 Oct 23;155(19):2077-84. 
- Starr M, Bennett-Wood V, Bigham AK, de Koning-Ward TF, Bordun AM, Lightfoot D, Bettelheim KA, Jones CL, Robins-Browne RM. Hemolytic-uremic syndrome following urinary tract infection with enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli: case report and review. Clin Infect Dis. 1998 Aug;27(2):310-5.