Hemangioblastoma Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of vascular brain tumors.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- Is surgery an option for me?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- Do I need to stay in the hospital?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Do I need to lose weight?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- Will I need physical therapy?
- Will I need occupational therapy?
- Will my children have this condition?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Hemangioblastoma Radiation
- Lee DK, Choe WJ, Chung CK, Kim HJ. Spinal cord hemangioblastoma: surgical strategy and clinical outcome. J Neurooncol. 2003 Jan;61(1):27-34. 
- Maslinska D, Wozniak R, Kaliszek A, Schmidt-Sidor B, Lipska A, Woolley DE. Phenotype of mast cells in the brain tumor. Capillary hemangioblastoma. Folia Neuropathol. 1999;37(3):138-42. 
- Slater A, Moore NR, Huson SM. The natural history of cerebellar hemangioblastomas in von Hippel-Lindau disease. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2003 Sep;24(8):1570-4. 
- Wang C, Zhang J, Liu A, Sun B. Surgical management of medullary hemangioblastoma. Report of 47 cases. Surg Neurol. 2001 Oct;56(4):218-26; discussion 226-7.