Heat Fainting Home Care
- Lie down.
- Elevate your feet above your heart for 10-20 minutes.
- Loosen tight clothing.
- Apply a cold compress to the forehead.
- Drink a cool drink.
- Move out of the sun and into the shade.
- Drink plenty of liquids:
- Avoid alcohol.
- Bathe in tepid water.
Heat Fainting First Aid
First aid for heat syncope includes:
- Move the patient to a cool or shaded area.
- Remove clothing.
- Keep the victim lying down with feet elevated.
- Fan the victim and sponge skin with cool water.
- Provide cool fluids to drink, only if the patient is alert.
Heat Fainting Warning Signs
Notify your doctor if you have heat syncope and any of the following:
Continue to Heat Fainting Prevention
- Booker RJ, Bricknell MC. Heat illness--recent developments. J R Army Med Corps. 2002 Mar;148(1):11-8. 
- Bytomski JR, Squire DL. Heat illness in children. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2003 Dec;2(6):320-4. 
- Coris EE, Ramirez AM, Van Durme DJ. Heat illness in athletes: the dangerous combination of heat, humidity and exercise. Sports Med. 2004;34(1):9-16. 
- Lugo-Amador NM, Rothenhaus T, Moyer P. Heat-related illness. Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2004 May;22(2):315-27, viii.