Hearing Impairment Prevention
Prevention of deafness includes:
- Newborn screening for hearing loss
- Avoid loud noises.
- Wear ear plugs or ear muffs.
- Do not place objects in your ear.
- Do not insert cotton swabs into the ear canal.
Continue to Hearing Impairment Outlook
- Copeland BJ, Pillsbury HC 3rd. Cochlear implantation for the treatment of deafness. Annu Rev Med. 2004;55:157-67. 
- Puig T, Municio A, Meda C. Universal neonatal hearing screening versus selective screening as part of the management of childhood deafness. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Apr 18;(2):CD003731.