Headache Tension Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of tension headache.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- What else can I do to reduce my risk for tension headaches?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Headache Tension Specialist
- Anttila P. Tension-type headache in children and adolescents. Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2004 Dec;8(6):500-4. 
- Bag B, Karabulut N. Pain-relieving factors in migraine and tension-type headache. Int J Clin Pract. 2005 Jul;59(7):760-3. 
- Fernandez-de-Las-Penas C, Alonso-Blanco JC, Cuadrado ML, Miangolarra JC, Barriga FJ, Pareja JA. Manual therapies in the management of tension-type headache. Headache. 2005 Feb;45(2):169-71.