Headache Migraine Evaluation
The evaluation of a migraine headache begins with a history and physical exam.
The physical exam is usually normal in someone with a migraine headache.
Physical findings in someone with migraine headache may include:
Testing may be required to exclude other conditions that can cause symptoms similar to migraine headache.
Tests that may be used to evaluate migraine headache include:
Continue to Headache Migraine Treatment
- Colman I, Brown MD, Innes GD, Grafstein E, Roberts TE, Rowe BH. Parenteral dihydroergotamine for acute migraine headache: a systematic review of the literature. Ann Emerg Med. 2005 Apr;45(4):393-401. 
- Lipton RB, Bigal ME, et al. Classification of primary headaches. Neurology. 2004 Aug 10;63(3):427-35. 
- Lipton RB, Bigal ME, Goadsby PJ. Double-blind clinical trials of oral triptans vs other classes of acute migraine medication - a review. Cephalalgia. 2004 May;24(5):321-32. 
- Manias P, Tagaris G, Karageorgiou K. Acupuncture in headache: a critical review. Clin J Pain. 2000 Dec;16(4):334-9. 
- Radat F, Swendsen J. Psychiatric comorbidity in migraine: a review. Cephalalgia. 2005 Mar;25(3):165-78. 
- Rains JC, Penzien DB, McCrory DC, Gray RN. Behavioral headache treatment: history, review of the empirical literature, and methodological critique. Headache. 2005 May;45 Suppl 2:S92-109.