Headache Cluster Questions For Doctor
The following are some important questions to ask before and after the treatment of cluster headaches.
Questions to ask before treatment:
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the risks associated with treatment?
- What are the complications I should watch for?
- How long will I be on medication?
- What are the potential side effects of my medication?
- Does my medication interact with nonprescription medicines or supplements?
- Should I take my medication with food?
Questions to ask after treatment:
- Do I need to change my diet?
- Are there any medications or supplements I should avoid?
- When can I resume my normal activities?
- When can I return to work?
- Do I need a special exercise program?
- How often will I need to see my doctor for checkups?
- What local support and other resources are available?
Continue to Headache Cluster Home Care
- Beck E, Sieber WJ, Trejo R. Management of cluster headache. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Feb 15;71(4):717-24. 
- Leone M. Chronic cluster headache: new and emerging treatment options. Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2004 Oct;8(5):347-52. 
- Lipton RB, Bigal ME, Steiner TJ, Silberstein SD, Olesen J. Classification of primary headaches. Neurology. 2004 Aug 10;63(3):427-35. 
- Rozen TD. Cluster headache: diagnosis and treatment. Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2005 Apr;9(2):135-40.