What to expect with a Hantavirus infection:
- Most people recover completely from mild Hantavirus infections.
- The fatality rate in people who develop respiratory symptoms from hantavirus infection is about 50%.
Continue to Hantavirus Underlying Cause
- Ferres M, Vial P. Hantavirus infection in children. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2004 Feb;16(1):70-5. 
- Miedzinski L. Community-acquired pneumonia: new facets of an old disease--Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. Respir Care Clin N Am. 2005 Mar;11(1):45-58. 
- Park K, Kim CS, Moon KT. Protective effectiveness of hantavirus vaccine. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004 Dec;10(12):2218-20. 
- St Jeor SC. Three-week incubation period for hantavirus infection. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2004 Oct;23(10):974-5.