Gunshot Wounds Types
Types of gunshot wounds include:
- Penetrating wounds
- Which only have an entrance wound.
- Perforating wounds
- Which have both entrance and exit wounds.
PubMed Gunshot Wounds References
- Adibe OO, Caruso RP, Swan KG. Gunshot wounds: bullet caliber is increasing, 1998-2003. Am Surg. 2004 Apr;70(4):322-5. 
- Bakir A, Temiz C, Umur S, Aydin V, Torun F. High-velocity gunshot wounds to the head: analysis of 135 patients. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2005 Jun;45(6):281-7. 
- Kiehn MW, Mitra A, Gutowski KA. Fracture management of civilian gunshot wounds to the hand. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005 Feb;115(2):478-81. 
- Pryor JP, Reilly PM, Dabrowski GP, Grossman MD, Schwab CW. Nonoperative management of abdominal gunshot wounds. Ann Emerg Med. 2004 Mar;43(3):344-53. 
- Snyder AK, Chen LE, Foglia RP, Dillon PA, Minkes RK. An analysis of pediatric gunshot wounds treated at a Level I pediatric trauma center. J Trauma. 2003 Jun;54(6):1102-6.