Gum Infection Prevention
Prevention of gingivitis includes:
- Avoid foods that get caught in the teeth.
- Maintain good oral hygiene:
- Brush your teeth after meals and at bedtime.
- Floss your teeth every day.
- Gargle with dilute saltwater three times per day.
- See your dentist every 6 months.
- Brush with tartar control toothpaste.
- Try an electric toothbrush.
Continue to Gum Infection Outlook
- Beirne P, Forgie A, Clarkson J, Worthington HV. Recall intervals for oral health in primary care patients. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005 Apr 18;(2):CD004346. 
- Ratcliff PA, Johnson PW. The relationship between oral malodor, gingivitis, and periodontitis. A review. J Periodontol. 1999 May;70(5):485-9. 
- Schatzle M, Loe H, Burgin W, Anerud A, Boysen H, Lang NP. Clinical course of chronic periodontitis. I. Role of gingivitis. J Clin Periodontol. 2003 Oct;30(10):887-901. 
- Trombelli L. Susceptibility to gingivitis: a way to predict periodontal disease? Oral Health Prev Dent. 2004;2 Suppl 1:265-9.