Overview Incidence Risk Factors Symptoms Evaluation Treatment questions for doctor specialist Home Care warning signs Prevention Outlook Complications Underlying Cause Transmission
Groin Lice Evaluation
- Tiny gray-white insects visible in the hair or on clothing
- Tiny, hard, white eggs firmly attached to the hair shafts
- Skin redness
Tests are not necessary to make the diagnosis of pubic lice.
Continue to Groin Lice Treatment
PubMed Groin Lice References
- Gillis D, Slepon R, Karsenty E, Green M. Seasonality and long-term trends of pediculosis capitis and pubis in a young adult population. Arch Dermatol. 1990 May;126(5):638-41. 
- Hart G. Factors associated with pediculosis pubis and scabies. Genitourin Med. 1992 Oct;68(5):294-5. 
- Wendel K, Rompalo A. Scabies and pediculosis pubis: an update of treatment regimens and general review. Clin Infect Dis. 2002 Oct 15;35(Suppl 2):S146-51.